Recipe by Bergy
This is an easy way to get kids to love their spinach. Nice side dish. I prefer to use fresh spinach but make sure it is tightly pressed when you measure it
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed fresh cooked spinach, chopped finely (or use frozen thawed, squeezed after cooking)
- 2⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup soft buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped spinach, dry crumbs, cheese onion and season with salt& pepper Blend eggs& milk, add to spinach mixture, stir well.
- Butter 4 custard cups and spoon the mixture into the cups (3 1/2" cups).
- Top with buttered crumbs.
- Place custard cups into a pan of hot water (water half way the cups).
- Bake in 350F for 30 minutes or until the custard is set and top is golden.