Prep1 hr 30 mins
I made this dip up in desperation with what I had on hand. Turns out, I've been asked for the recipe and requested to make it for all family parties in the future. I'd call that a success! Preparation time includes one hour to roast garlic and cooking time indicates time to chill the dip before serving.
- After chopping the sundried tomatoes, place in a bowl and cover with water to soften while you continue with the recipe.
- Roast garlic by cutting the top off of a whole head, then drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place in 400F oven and allow to roast for about an hour.
- In mixer, place sour cream, cream cheese and butter. Cream with wire whisk.
- Add tobasco, Worcestershire, basil and salt.
- When garlic is done, squeeze out 4 cloves (or more to taste) into mixing bowl and whip into your cream cheese blend.
- Drain sundried tomatoes. Add tomatoes and green onions to mixing bowl and gently fold in with spatula.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving for best flavor.
This is a really tasty dip! I don't care for raw onions so sauteed some yellow onion and used that instead of the green onion. I served this with carrots and bell peppers for dipping but it was good on triscuits too - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012