1/2 Photos of Mmmm Smooth & Creamy Coconut Cheesecake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Buster's friend's Note:
Ok, fine, I am a cheesecake snob. The rich, dense, smooth & unctuous cheesecakes (no flour please) with shortbread crusts are my favorites (no greasy graham cracker). This cake developed for Easter dinner - I yearned for coconut but did not want to disrupt the smoooth texture of cheesecake - it's "sine qua non". Family insisted I post ASAP to keep recipe intact (even though cake is gone - before it could fully develop its flavor!). Recipe is truly easy - I believe this is much easier than flour-based cakes. Hardest thing is making the crust (which isn't that tough)! Please plan to make the day before serving to allow the cake to firm up & develop its flavor (best after 2 days but it won't last that long!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1For crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Have 9 inch springform pan ready.
- 4Mix flour, salt & sugar together.
- 5Cut chilled butter into flour mix until flour & butter have texture of cornmeal.
- 6Beat egg yolk with vanilla & add to flour/butter mix - mix well. Dough will be crumbly - that's ok.
- 7Pat dough onto floor & a bit up the side of the springform pan - go for even distribution.
- 8Bake 14-16 minutes - until golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven & cool to room temperature Brush with egg white. Set aside.
- 10For custard:.
- 11Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- 12Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Add2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt & can of Coco Lopez.
- 13Start mixing at medium speed until cheese & Coco Lopez are well-blended, no more tha a minute.
- 14Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing 10 - 20 seconds between additions. Goal is uniform texture & color without overbeating.
- 15Pour custard into springform pan whose bottom is lined with the baked crust.
- 16Raise the filled pan 3 to 4 inches above the counter & smack sharply onto counter to release air bubbles, Repeat a couple of times (more if things are loud or stressfull).
- 17Put custard in oven. Bake at 475 for 15 minutes then turn down to 225 degrees F for 70 -75 minutes. Center will still have a quiver.
- 18Turn oven off. Keep cake in oven & prop oven door open with a wooden spoon. This allows cake to cool slowly for next 2 hours Remove cake, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate overnight.
- 19Serve plain or with slices of fresh mango & strawberry.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mmmm Smooth & Creamy Coconut Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.6
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 291.1 mg
- Sodium 463.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g