Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Load your mashers with taste...not with guilt! A scrumptious gravy recipe of the realage webbi....it being so healthy is simply a plus ;)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms (chopped) or 1 1⁄2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until they begin to release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, tamari (or soy sauce), thyme and sage; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir into the sauce and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes more.
- Season with pepper.
- If you prefer a smooth gravy, pass it through a fine sieve (discard mushrooms and onions).
- Enjoy hot.
Very tasty. Will be making this again. Thanks natsxox