Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve on toasted buns with your favourite accompaniments. Adapted from All Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Crumble in the ground beef, and mix together by hand.
- Form into 6 patties, and wrap a slice of bacon around each one.
- Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Place patties on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
- Remove toothpicks before serving on hamburger buns.
Delish. We cooked them outside on our gas grill. No ketchup, so I skipped it and the egg as well. Lovely flavor, loved the worcestershire flavor.Made for holiday tag.
Awesome burgers!! I had to do them indoors and not on a "real grill" but they were still great. The bacon added nice flavor -- and it actually stayed in place pretty well. I didn't even use toothpicks. I agree with another reviewer that the consistency was almost like meatloaf. It made a great burger. My husband had his with a slice of cheese, mayo, and Cholula (hot sauce), and I had mine with just traditional ketchup. This was a winner both ways. Thanks for posting this keeper!! Made for Photo Tag.
Well the discription of this recipe is right on Lorrie. Mmmmmgood. The consistency of these burgers reminded me somewhat of making meatloaf. They held together nicely though as they grilled on my George Foreman. Because my bacon was pre-cooked I just layed the bacon over the top for the last few minutes of cooking. The taste is fabulous Lorrie and I thank you.!!! Made for HolidayTag~