Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH was in a rush to head out & I had these lovely jumbo fresh NC shrimp I wanted to cook up. Got this on the table in 25 minutes. Shell the shrimp & prep the vegies while the water boils for pasta & the meal is just about done! Serve with crusty warm bread & green salad with balsamic vinagrette. Mmmm! ps - Buster approves!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces artichokes, water-packed canned (or frozen)
- 1 lb shrimp, fresh (NC or North American harvested)
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- Set water for pasta to boil.
- In a large skillet, add butter, olive oil, pressed garlic & hot pepper to saute until garlic is fragrant, taking care not to burn garlic.
- Using scissors, cut artichoke hearts into quarters & drop into skillet.
- Add shrimp & saute until just turning opaque, then add tomatoes & parsley. Saute another minute while draining pasta.
- Add contents of skillet to drained pasta in pot. Salt to taste. Toss & serve.