This candy is out of this world! A holiday tradition...also freezes well and makes a great gift. Doubles well, too (trust me, you'll need it).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Boil gently several minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Until it reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Arrange 1 cup pecans on 8 inch square pan.
- Pour the boiled mixture over top and spread to cover evenly.
- Let toffee set up for 15minutes until slightly firm but still VERY warm.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and allow them to melt completely.
- Gently Spread chocolate to cover completely.
- Arrange pecan halves over top.
- Cool to set.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and let cool completely.
- Break into chunks to serve.