1/1 Photo of Mmm... White Chocolate Creme Brulee
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came from my friend Duncan. He said, "I have a yummy tasty White Chocolate Creme Brulee that is fabulously easy to make. I'm not a big fan of white chocolate and I love this." He got it from the Portobello Yacht Club.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 300 degrees F.
- 2Whisk egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- 3Bring cream and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar to simmer in heavy medium saucepan; reduce heat to low.
- 4Gradually add chopped white chocolate to the cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 5Gradually whisk the hot white chocolate mixture into yolk mixture, then whisk in vanilla.
- 6Pour the mixture through a fine sieve, then ladle custard into four 10-oz custard cups (if you use 4 oz ramekins, it will fill about 7 of them).
- 7Place the filled cups in large baking pan and add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- 8Bake at 300 degrees F until the custards are set in the center, about 1 hour.
- 9Carefully remove the custards from water and let cool.
- 10Cover (plastic wrap works fine) and refrigerate.
- 11Just before serving, preheat the broiler.
- 12Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon sugar over each custard.
- 13Broil until the sugar caramelizes, watching carefully, which will take about 2 minutes.
- 14Serve hot, or refrigerate up to 1 hour and serve cold.
- 15Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mmm... White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.4
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 428.2 mg
- Sodium 74.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g