Recipe by murr433
Delicious and tender sweet brisket, I can't say enough about this dish, the flavors are amazing, makes you scream! Great for holidays, I served on it Passover (kosher for Passover).--UPDATED--
Top Review by Kat's Mom
I won't rate this for stars, but this was a disaster for me. The brisket did not render any juice. One teaspoon of cornstarch did nothing to thicken the gravy which is really just syrup. I finally used an entire tablespoon of cornstarch and it still was too thin. There was not enough liquid to cook the veggies so I simmered them separately in water. The end result was the meat was chewy and the veggies were overcooked. We wound up getting takeout. Sorry chef, but I did try my best.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 5 fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pot with cooking spray and brown brisket turning to cook through.
- Simmer 2 hours, Brisket will render own juices. KEEP CHECKING, RESPRAY AS NECESSARY OR ADD WATER AS NECESSARY.
- Add carrots and potatoes, cook 30 minutes.
- In separate small saucepan add 2 cups water, cornstarch, Splenda, and 2 tbsp of juice from the cooked meat and veggies, simmer to make gravy.
- Spray roast pan and place meat and veggies, cover with gravy and bake about 1 hour.
- Serve brisket on a platter surrounded by vegetables. Goes great with cranberry sauce, or anything! Everyone will love it and it is definitely worth the effort!