Recipe by Angelic1
This recipe is THE ONE if you're looking for something traditional, but full of flavor. My mother-in-law shared this with me. It's super easy and oh, so filling. I always use the generic brands also, so it's inexpensive without losing any taste or confidence!
- 1 (16 ounce) box macaroni (any small variety, ie, elbow, shells, etc.)
- 1 (16 ounce) box Velveeta cheese, cut into 1x1 cubes (or store brand)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup milk (more or less...use your eye)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 ounce hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook all the pasta until slightly underdone. You will be baking this dish and don't want mush noodles.
- Drain any water from the noodles and return them to the warm pot.
- Immediately add the cheese and soup.
- Stir until melted.
- Add milk until the consistency is just soupy enough to maintain moisture through the baking process. This is a personal preference, but I like my mac n cheese to be hearty, not soupy.
- At this point, you may add the pepper and hot sauce, if you'd like. I find this adds only flavor and no heat, but if you are very sensitive, please opt out of that.
- Pour all of your mixture into a glass or pyrex dish, about 9x13.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until the crispy top is at your liking.
- Please leave feedback. We'd love to know what you think!