1/3 Photos of Mlinci (North Croatian Pasta)
2 hrs 10 mins
This is traditional North Croatian pasta, popular only in Zagreb and Zagorje region (north of Zagreb). We eat this for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, St. Martin’s day and every time we roast poultry. I recommend using lard, because dough will be much better.
My Private Note
- 1Make dough out of flour, egg, lard salt and some water. Leave it to rest not less than 30 minutes.
- 2Divide the dough into 8-10 little balls. Make thin surface out of each ball and put them into oven to dry (not more than 100°C).
- 3They must be dry and light yellow on both sides.
- 4Before cooking, crush mlinci into small parts (10 cm) and put them into salt boiling water.
- 5They should become soft very quickly, and when so, remove them with hollow spoon and put into hot poultry fat (from duck or turkey or chicken).
- 6Now fry them until all water evaporates and fat cover the pasta. Serve hot with roasted duck, turkey or chicken.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mlinci (North Croatian Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1948.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g