Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Im posting this for Zaar World Tour 2 This is a danish cake made in a bundt pan.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cardamon together.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately and beat well.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan.
- Bake one hour.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack. Dust cake lightly with powdered sugar.
Very simple and quick - if you start with softened butter the cake is in the oven in 10 minutes! Lovely dense and soft texture and a great cardamom taste. Thanks for the recipe! :-)
Made this for ZWT II today -- very nice. Simple to make, not too sweet. The cardamom gives it a nice lightly spicy flavor. This would be good with a cup of hot tea. Thanks for posting!
very good and easy to make