Recipe by Ursofab
This salad has a great blend of flavors - the pine nuts give it a crunch and the olives and arugula are great tasting together. My sister makes this every 4th of July - it's always a hit. I like it because it can be made ahead of time.
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup slivered pitted mediterranean olive, such as kalamata (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagefresh arugula, stemmed, chopped
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 cups chicken broth to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Add rice.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until chicken broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork. Transfer to large bowl.
- Mix in 5 tablespoons olive oil, then add remaining ingredients.
- Season salad to taste with pepper.
- (Salad can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature).