Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A simmered Japanese Chicken dish. To zaar from Aline via recipesecrets.com. Rehearse this dish a LOT before you make it because you are going to be the table show at your party.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- chicken stock or water, to cover
Dinner table floor show
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup japanese wine (sake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Buy a whole chicken cut in half and cut into bite size pieces about 1 1/2 inches.
- Cover chicken in heavy pan with chickenstock. Add salt to taste bring to boil, reduce heat and then simmer uncovered about 45 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by simply mixing the ingredients. Place in individual small bowls.
- You are going to bring your cooking utensils to the table and place over a charcoal or alcohol burner so liquid barely boils.
- When everyone is seated begin to add the vegetables to the broth a few at a time.
- Serve by spooning a little of the meat into the individual small bowls. Make sure the guest use chopsticks. this is your floor show [grin]
- Have them dip the pieces of chicken into the sauce. Eat.