Recipe by rpgaymer
My family's recipe for mizerja. My parents use sour cream, but I use Greek yogurt. This is an easy-to-make side dish that pairs well with many things. I've always liked it served alongside burgers for some reason.
Top Review by WiGal
Enjoyed this very much! Simple to make and appreciate that I usually have these ingredients on hand. Also appreciate that it does not have raw onion. Thank you rpgaymer for sharing.
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced cucumbers in a strainer and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Mix lightly, then let the cucumbers drain off their liquid for an hour. After that, you can squeeze a bit more liquid from the cucumbers with the back of a spoon. Discard all excess liquid.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the yogurt/sour cream, vinegar, sugar and black pepper. Add the cucumbers and toss to combine. Serve, or let sit in the fridge for up to a day.