Recipe by TP
I am trying to duplicate the clear broth soup that is served at "Miyabi" - our local Japanese steakhouse. Our whole family loves this soup!
Top Review by teresas
Excellent! DH was so impressed that he told me to keep this recipe close by because he wants to see it often. I cut the recipe down to 2 1/2 servings and it worked great. I think next time I will add a touch of soy sauce or possibly sesame oil for more of an Asian flavor. But excellent as it is. This is very easy to prepare and turns into a wonderful starter to a meal. Thanks for posting. :) Made for Spring PAC 2011
- 3 cups beef broth
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Durkee onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef and chicken stock in a pot.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the carrot, onion and garlic and strain the soup through cheesecloth.
- Place a small amount of each of the green onions, mushrooms and french fried onions in serving bowls and ladle the broth over them. Serve.