Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am trying to duplicate the clear broth soup that is served at "Miyabi" - our local Japanese steakhouse. Our whole family loves this soup!
- Combine beef and chicken stock in a pot.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the carrot, onion and galric and strain the soup through cheesecloth.
- Place a small amount of each of the green onions, mushrooms and french fried onions in serving bowls and ladle the broth over them. Serve.
Excellent! DH was so impressed that he told me to keep this recipe close by because he wants to see it often. I cut the recipe down to 2 1/2 servings and it worked great. I think next time I will add a touch of soy sauce or possibly sesame oil for more of an Asian flavor. But excellent as it is. This is very easy to prepare and turns into a wonderful starter to a meal. Thanks for posting. :) Made for Spring PAC 2011
Fabulous!!! I have forgotten that I made this so I made this again to rate (loved the taste and needed to remember how wonderful it was) for the Diabetic Forum 2012 Housekeeping. I did cut the recipe down for DH and I and added a little sesame oil but this was just wonderful. Thank you for submitting.
This is a good Japanese restaurant-style soup. Couldn't be easier to make. If you can boil water and cut some veg then you can do this. It was not the exact flavor I was looking for, but it is good of it's own accord. I had a hankering for this type of soup and it did hit the spot. I want to try it again and tweak it somehow to get it closer to my favorite local restaurant, but I don't really know what to do to tweak it.