Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From More Family Favorites - A Collection of Recipes by Bethel Temple Missionettes of Demores, Georgia. Good with refried beans and/or rice.
- 1 (10 count) package hot dogs
- 1 (10 count) package flour tortillas
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- salsa, for topping (use your favorite recipe or brand)
- guacamole, for topping (recipe below)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mixtas: Heat hot dogs. Cook cabbage in salted water until tender. Heat flour tortillas. Serve hot dogs on tortillas. Top with cabbage, guacamole and salsa, if desired.
- Guacamole: Smash avocados and mix until smooth. Add garlic salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
This was good, very different than any taco I have made before. It made for a nice, quick, cheap lunch. I set the water to boil, then made the guacamole (a very simple guac which lets the flavor of the avocado come through), then boiled the hotdogs. When they were heated through, I pulled them out with tongs, then dumped in the cabbage. When it was ready, I pulled it out with the tongs, too. This was nice on the clean-up side, as well! :) I will say that after eating 2 mixtas, that was more than enough for me for lunch, without beans and rice. Thanks for posting! Made for Gnome Tag!