Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Love my mushrooms!! I could eat mushrooms every day and be happy, so I'm always on the lookout for more mushroom recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Once butter melts, add the garlic and shallots, cook for 30 seconds and add mushrooms and combine.
- Sprinkle thyme over mushrooms, stirring frequently until they brown; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring to evenly distribute.
- Whisk the wine into the pan and cook it off for a minute, then whisk in the stock.
- Thicken the stock for a minute, then add the half-and-half and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut the toasted bread in triangle halves. Arrange 4 toast triangles on a dinner plate. Pour 1/4 of the mushrooms across each portion and top with Gruyere.