Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Delicious Living. This is very versatile. I subbed chopped zucchini for the raisins and it turned out great.
Top Review by moveforward52
This is a great recipe. I soak the quinoa in the water for fifteen minutes otherwise it does not get fully cooked. It keeps well in the refrigerator so I make a double or triple batch.
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml buckwheat groats, rinsed (raw, not toasted)
- 29.58 ml millet, rinsed
- 44.37 ml rolled oats or 44.37 ml quinoa
- 118.29 ml chopped red apple
- 59.14 ml chopped almonds (or fav. chopped nuts)
- 59.14 ml raisins or 59.14 ml chopped dates
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cardamom
- 0.59 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground flax seeds
- milk (optional) or yogurt (optional)
- honey, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using quinoa, rinse with the other grains.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add rinsed buckwheat and millet, plus oats (or quinoa), apple, almonds, raisins or dates, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Stir.
- When simmering, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 15 minutes, then turn off heat and let the pot sit, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in flaxseed and serve, topped with milk or yogurt, if desired.