Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really just found this when I opened up the fridge and found it clogged with vegetables. It's a really tasty soup, great with a piece of sourdough bread. The great thing about soup like this is that it's so flexible, you can add, change, or remove what you want (for the most part) and not have it really affect the soup. In fact, it might make it taste better, so I suggest that you explore with it a bit. :)
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cabbage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cupped broccoli floret, steamed
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Chop up all the vegetables into a few bowls, for easier access. It doesn't matter as long as you keep the carrot, onion and garlic separate, and the zucchini separate.
- In a small pan sutee the carrot, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Throw all of the ingredients, except for the zucchini, into a pot and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Add Zucchini and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as neccessary.