Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
From the north of Rajasthan. Food from here is generally milder and more aromatic than in the soulth. This is usually served as a side dish to chicken but makes and excellent veggie main course with nann bread or rice. This is traditionally served at Diwali (festival of light)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rogan josh curry paste
- 3 small potatoes, cubed
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 200 g garden peas
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 150 ml water
- 250 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When they sizzle add onions and cook until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the paste and 150 ml water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stir well. add the tomatoes and 250 ml water. Cover and cook for 10 mins before adding carrots and having a good stir. Add green beans and cook for five mins more.
- Add the peas, cream and 2 tbsp coriander and leave to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve topped with the rest of the coriander and the lemon juice.