Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good low calorie vegetable main dish! Again adapted from a recipe I found on the net
- 1 medium aubergine, peeled and cubed
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 (200 g) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder or 2 green chilies, deseeded and chopped (I use either one) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a casserole put in the aubergine, zucchini, onion and mushrooms.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with the tomato paste and the water Pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven till the aubergine is tender, (approx. 45 mins) stirring occasionally.
- Add water as necessary if reqd, but the dish should turn out relatively dry, and slightly browned at the edges.
Delicious! I scaled the recipe in half & served as a side dish to grilled tuna steaks & steamed rice. I skipped the ketchup & butter, added a cup of my own tomato sauce and didn't allow it to dry out as I wanted some sauce with the meal. There's enough left for my lunch today. Thanx Fay!
This very much reminds me of an Indian take-off of one of my fave vegetable stews, ratatouille. It's a nice twist with a great spicy taste. Plus, this recipe is extremely Weight Watchers friendly. Mad props to Girl from India. ~Chef 289860~
This was very tasty. Like CountryLady I didn't want it too dry so I increased the ketchup and water. Thanks for a great recipe.