Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds great and as soon as I make it, I'll be able to tell you more. Unless you make it before me in which case, please let me know how you liked it. Thanks! By the way, there are some specialty stores that sell Vegemite; I know of a couple British shops that carry it here, but it's not the same as the New Zealand variety... or so I'm told. I understand you can mix miso or miso with tahini and get a reasonable facsimile, but I'm unaware of the ratio. Make friends with a New Zealander! ;o) Tip from Vegemite website: This recipe tastes delicious with cooked Asian noodles.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets or 3 baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rings
- 2 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegemite
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- HEAT a frying pan or wok, add oil and stir fry onion, garlic and vegetables for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- STIR in *combined* plum sauce, Vegemite, sesame oil, cornflour and water and heat for a further minute or until slightly thickened.
- SERVE immediately sprinkled with cashews.