Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can mix different vegetables for this combination.
- 1 bunch baby beets
- 1 bunch baby turnip
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 bunch baby leeks, trimmed
- 6 asparagus
- 1 liter water
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 ml olive oil
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 20 coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and trim vegetables.
- Put water, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme and coriander seeds and salt into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil. Continue to boil until liquid emulsifies.
- Meanwhile bring a separate pot of water to boil and add the beetroot. Cook until tender.
- Drop the remaining vegetables into the boiling emulsion adding leeks and asparagus last.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain all vegetables and reserve emulsified liquid.
- To serve: Combine all vegetables on a platter and pour reserved liquid over.
- Delicious served hot or cold.
Yummmm! I didn't have any of these vegetables--or the fresh thyme for that matter. I used regular chopped carrot, green beans, shredded cabbage, bok choy, summer squash and cherry tomatoes. For the fresh herb I used 2 sprigs of rosemary. There wasn't any lemon either--yet still: My God what a treat! Even my finicky son liked it. And it goes with just about anything!