Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Glenda introduced me to this recipe years ago. It is a keeper and so easy! And yes, a pimento is a vegetable and a fruit according to the web. If you make it for friends, be ready to share this recipe. They will ask for it! Cooking time include boiling mixture and refrigeration. Could not be easier.
- 1 (16 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (including tops)
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix the vegetables and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and boil.
- Pour the boiled mixture over the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.