1 hr 5 mins
Galley Devil's Note:
Another vegetarian North Indian favorite. The red chilli powder referred to is made of dry Kashmiri chillies. Serve with yoghurt or a spicy Indian pickle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the stuffing
- 1 potato, large, boiled, grated
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, fresh, chopped
- ghee, as required
- salt, to taste
- 1Mix together the ingredients for the dough and knead well till smooth.
- 2Divide the dough into 4 - 6 equal portions and form into balls.
- 3Roll out each ball into discs with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. (Cover with a slightly damp cloth to prevent them from drying out while you roll out all of them.).
- 4To prepare the stuffing, boil all the vegetables, except the potato, until tender.
- 5Add the potato and mix well.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients for the stuffing. Mix well.
- 7Divide the stuffing into the same number of portions as discs and spoon into the middle of each disc.
- 8Bring the edges together and seal.
- 9Gently shape it back into a ball.
- 10Roll out each ball into a disc 1/2 inch thick.
- 11Heat a griddle and fry each disc, turning them over every two minutes till both sides turn golden brown.
- 12Drizzle a little ghee or oil all over.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Vegetable Paratha (Stuffed Indian Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (1217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.0 g