I'm in love with Indian food, and this is my favorite recipe for veggie masala.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 10 French style green beans, chopped
- 1 quart cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 sprig cilantro leaf, for garnish (optional)
- 1Place potatoes, carrots and green beans in the cold water.
- 2Allow to soak while you prepare the rest of the vegetables; drain.
- 3In a microwave safe dish place the potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, salt and turmeric.
- 4Cook for 8 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Cook mustard seeds and cumin; when seeds start to sputter and pop, add the onion and saute until transparent.
- 7Stir in the tomatoes, garam masala, ginger, garlic and chili powder; saute 3 minutes.
- 8Add the cooked vegetables to the tomato mixture and saute 1 minute.
- 9Cover and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are nice and tender.
- 10Garnish with cilatro and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Vegetable Masala
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 634.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French style green beans