Chef #249902's Note:
Fast, easy, a family favorite; this recipe can be used with nearly any mixture of veggies. This is best served with fresh fruit and bruschetta or toasted bread with goat cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (should have a green tint, if it is gold, then it has gone bad)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped (or any onions)
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers or 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 asparagus, sliced (potatoes, or broccoli are also good)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (yellow squash works too)
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced (baby bellas work well)
- 1/2 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (3 - 4 eggs)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/3 cup parmesan cheese or 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/3 cup asiago cheese
- 1*Pre-heat oven to 400º (broil).
- 2In medium skillet add olive oil, pesto, and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- 3Add onions and peppers and continue to sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 4Next add asparagus or broccoli (potatoes should be cooked ahead of time if you want to use those).
- 5After 2-3 minutes, add the zucchini and mushrooms.
- 6When vegetables are nearly cooked, add the spinach and cook until dark green.
- 7Make sure the veggies are pretty much evenly distributed and flat, then pour in the egg beaters.
- 8Cook on stove top for about 3 minutes and then transfer to oven to cook the top portion of the egg.
- 9When the top begins to puff in the middle, bring back to stove top.
- 10Add cheese, then place under broiler for additional 2 minutes (until cheese is melted and bubbly).
- 11Cut into wedges and serve (this re-heats well in the microwave for leftovers).
- 12*NOTE - all measurements are approximate and can be changed to your preferences.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Vegetable Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute