1/1 Photo of Mixed Vegetable Curry
found in another site...the end result is superb!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chopped mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, french beans, and green bell peppers)
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 6 green cardamoms
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 green chilies, slit
- 3 teaspoons ginger, cut into strips (juliennes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 3 cups coconut milk (canned unsweetened coconut milk is available in Asian markets)
- 3 cups water
- 3 -5 curry leaves
- 1Heat the oil in a pan on medium level till it is hot.
- 2Add the green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon.
- 3Fry for a few seconds.
- 4Now add the green chilli (es), ginger and the sliced onions.
- 5Saute on medium heat for 3 minute (s) or till the onions are transparent and soft.
- 6Add the mixed vegetables, curry leaves, salt and water.
- 7Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- 8Add the peppercorns and the coconut milk.
- 9Simmer on very low heat (so that the coconut milk does not curdle) for about 1 minute (s).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 270.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: