1/1 Photo of Mixed Vegetable Casserole (Gronsaksgratin)
This is a typical Scandinavian Vegetable dish; posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat one inch water to boiling; add carrots, beans, cauliflower and onion.
- 2Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3Drain vegetables, reserving liquid; place vegetables in a 2 quart baking dish.
- 4Heat butter over low heat until melted; blend in flour, salt and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- 5Stir one cup of the reserved vegetable water and the whipping cream into the butter/flour mixture; heat to boiling stirring constantly; boil and stir one minute; remove from heat.
- 6Pour sauce over vegetables; sprinkle with cheese; broil until top is light brown and bubbly about 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Vegetable Casserole (Gronsaksgratin)
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g