Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from dear friend of ours, who passed away a couple of years ago. She always served this dish at her potluck dinners, and it still reminds me of her. I served it to my in-laws last night, and the entire dish disappeared, AND they asked me to make it again before they leave!
- 1 can mixed vegetables, well-drained
- 1 can lima beans, well-drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package Ritz cracker
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Mix first 6 ingredients, place in casserole dish.
- Crush crackers and mix with melted butter or margarine; spread on top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350° oven.
- Recipe doubled fits in a 9" x 13" baking dish.