Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a big fan of the canned, mixed vegetables but this is an excellent casserole. It goes really well with baked ham.
- 2 (907.18 g) can mixed vegetables, drained well
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- Mix together all ingredients except butter and bread crumbs.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Mix together the dry bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Wow! This was so good! I made this as a side dish to go with steaks last night and my husband and I loved it! Both of us went back for seconds! I made a couple minor changes so I could use what I had on hand. I used frozen mixed veggies (corn, green beans, peas, etc) instead of canned and green onions instead of regular. I also used Italian flavored breadcrumbs. This was so easy to make and was just delicious! My husband and I don't normally like water chestnuts, but they really added a lot to this. We loved the crunchiness they added. I'll definitely be making this again, thanks!
Wow!! This is incredible! I love the crunch from the water chestnuts. I did use Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs. I will make this often.