Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Mixed Veg recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, french beans, peas)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 8 -10 pieces cubed panir
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- coriander leaves, chopped
- salt, as per taste
- In a kadhai or thick bottomed pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the chopped onions. Fry the onions till they become transparent. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry for a minute or till the raw smell disappears. Add the tomatoes. Keep on stirring till the tomatoes become soft and pulp When the mixture becomes smooth and one, then add all the spice powders mentioned above. Now add all the spice powders one by one. Stir the spice powders with the onion-tomato mixture. Add the green chili. Mix in the chopped veggies, salt and water. Cover and let the veggies cook. Add more water if the water dries up and if the veggies are still to be cooked. Add paneer once the veggies are cooked. Simmer without the lid for 2 minutes. Garnish with fried paneer cubes and chopped coriander leaves. Serve mix vegetables dish hot with rice,roti.
We enjoyed this tasty, flavorful dish for dinner. I made a couple of changes to this recipe -- I used canned tomatoes and since I was using Indian chili powder - i used less of it since it is so very hot for our tastes. Will definitely be making this dish again. Made for Spring PAC, May, 2014.