Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
The veggie amounts may be adjusted slightly and the sour cream mixture may be doubled for a creamier salad if desired, plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a couple hours before serving, and may be doubled sucessfully, make certain that the peas are completely dry before added to the salad
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon buttermilk (use just enough to thin slightly) (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (thawed and well drained)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or use 2 green onions)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or use 1 cup finely cubed or shredded cheddar cheese)
- salt and black pepper
- In a large glass bowl whisk together sour cream with dry Ranch dressing until combined.
- Mix in buttermilk (if using) starting with 1 tablespoon and adding in more if needed to thin.
- Add in thawed peas, red onion, celery, cherry tomatoes and crumbled cooked bacon; toss well to combine.
- Mix in feta cheese.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
Well...I'm not going to give this a starred rating as I think I messed it up...As I started to make it I discovered I didn't have any dry ranch dressing so used a chive and green onion mix and added dried dill. I let it sit overnight but it just didn't taste right. I'm sure it was the mix I used. I also used the feta and a chopped tomato. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
A perfect combination of flavors and so pretty, too. I will be making this again:) Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Kittencal. Made, enjoyed, and reviewed for the Newest Zaar Tag.