Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The veggie amounts may be adjusted slightly and the sour cream mixture may be doubled for a creamier salad if desired, plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a couple hours before serving, and may be doubled sucessfully, make certain that the peas are completely dry before added to the salad
Top Review by Engrossed
Well...I'm not going to give this a starred rating as I think I messed it up...As I started to make it I discovered I didn't have any dry ranch dressing so used a chive and green onion mix and added dried dill. I let it sit overnight but it just didn't taste right. I'm sure it was the mix I used. I also used the feta and a chopped tomato. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon buttermilk (use just enough to thin slightly) (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (thawed and well drained)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or use 2 green onions)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or use 1 cup finely cubed or shredded cheddar cheese)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl whisk together sour cream with dry Ranch dressing until combined.
- Mix in buttermilk (if using) starting with 1 tablespoon and adding in more if needed to thin.
- Add in thawed peas, red onion, celery, cherry tomatoes and crumbled cooked bacon; toss well to combine.
- Mix in feta cheese.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.