Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to make enchiladas with ground beef, but wanted them to be "slurpy." :) So, I thought I would try adding cream of chicken soup. And we loved it!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce
- 10 flour tortillas
- Cook ground beef and drain. I also rinse mine with hot water to reduce fat.
- Combine cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Add 1/2 soup mixture and taco seasoning to ground beef.
- Place 1/2 cup ground beef mixture, 2 tablespoons grated cheese and some enchilada sauce down center of tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in large, rectangular baking dish.
- Cover tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce, remaining soup mixture and grated cheese, in that order.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with your choice of sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced onion, avocado, sliced black olives, etc.
I really liked this. My sister didn't like it as much, hence the three stars. The soup mixture was the point of contention. She thought it was artifical tasting, whereas I loved the creaminess it added to both the filling and the top of them.