Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This yummy tomato salad came from the Sunday Life supplement in The Age.
- 8 roma tomatoes, halved (Italian plum)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Place roma tomato halves on a baking tray, cut-side up.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place all tomatoes and basil in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well and serve.
- DRESSING: Combine prosciutto, garlic, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Very true...it is a yummy salad! A nice comibnation of the roasted and raw tomatoes. The dressing was excellent with the extra addition of the proscuitto! I did add some red onion rings before I served it.