Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is so good and what a lovely presentation. Bon Appétit!
- 3 cups mixed spring greens
- 1⁄2 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 3 diced green onions
- 6 ounces goat cheese, cylinder
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Cut the goat cheese cylinder into 12 equal sized rounds, pushing into shape with your fingers as necessary.
- Roll each disc into the bread crumbs, and place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange the greens, tomatoes and onions on four individual plates.
- Mix the vinegar, oil, mustard,herbs and salt and pepper together until well blended.
- Turn on the broiler, and place the baking sheet with the goat cheese rounds under the heat.
- Cook for a minute or two until the cheese rounds are slightly golden and bubbly but still holding their shape.
- Arrange three goat cheese rounds on each salad plate, and then drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve immediately with Italian bread.
This made a lovely lunch. I didn't have fresh basil, so used some dry and added fresh thyme and oregano. I enjoyed the dressing and did add just a pinch of sugar. Thanks!