Recipe by Hey Jude
This Indian-type flat bread comes from the Chicago Tribune's 'Fast Food" column....it's quick and easy, like most of my favorite recipes!
Top Review by StacyMD187373
These were really pretty good. Went well with the cilantro feta dip as others mentioned. Would also be good with hummus, I think. We had this tonight at poker night...our health conscious friend ate quite a few. I made them in the toaster oven, but watch carefully or they'll get a little too done! A lot of the topping seemed to fall off, so I reused as I made each batch. Also, left out the caraway seeds (didn't have on hand) and reduced amount of poppy seeds. Tasty and much cheaper than buying bagel crisps of the like at the store!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Combine pepper, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, caraway seeds and salt in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over tortillas.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet; bake until crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.