Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fire up the grill for a seafood feast! Shallot butter is very versatile on veggies, over steak or chicken...
- 6 (6 ounce) bass fillets, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- olive oil
- Set a small saucepan over medium heat on a cooler part of the grill.
- Combine butter, shallots and oregano and stir until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the white wine and lime juice.
- Set aside.
- Lightly oil the fillets and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place fish and clams on medium hot grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until fish begins to look opaque and clams are opening.
- Spoon a little shallot butter into each open clam shell and grill for only a minute or two more.
- Brush fish with shallot butter and turn fillets over.
- Grill until cooked through, about another 3 minutes.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Remove cooked seafood from grill and serve.