Recipe by luvinlif2k
A Lebanese salad It is also known as Fattoush. It is often made without the lettuce and garlic.
Top Review by Trnquilit
This was delish! I never though of the pita bread & it worked out great! I made a few changes just b/c of what I had lying around the fridge, I added carrots, lipstick peppers (red gypsy peppers) & instead of the oil I just added a bit of Italian dressing I had. Love it!
- 1 pita bread round, toasted (or dried)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium head lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup parsley
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup purslane (optional)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break pita round into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Chop cucumber, onion, tomatoes and lettuce into bite-size chunks and combine with bread in a large bowl.
- chop parsley, mint and purslane finely and add to salad.
- Crush garlic and salt together into a small bowl.
- Stir lemon juice and olive oil into garlic and salt mixture for the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad, toss well and serve.