Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious served with garlic bread and a salad.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
VERY GOOD! Replaced the green pepper with broccoli, and skipped the tomatoes. I used a box of whole wheat shells and found low-fat Italian cheese which was SO GOOD all mixed up in this. Kids picked out half the veggies, husband added hot sauce, I loved as is....but I cooked one dish and everyone was happy. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 medium green peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges and separated
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb whole mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta or 2 cups gemielli pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Place bell peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, or shallow 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle evenly with basil.
- Mix oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Add tomatoes and pasta to vegetable mixture, toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.