Recipe by Sharon123
From Sandra Lee's Sandra's Money Saving Meals, Episode: Christmas! A great way to get creamy oon the inside, crispy on the outside with a delicious herb butter.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great potatoes! Only change I made was to use dried herbs. Loved that I could have sweet potatoes and DH had regular and I didn't have to make two separate dishes! Made for 123Hits.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into 2-inch cubes. Add them to a large pot, cover them with cold water, and add salt. Bring them to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, drain and cool for 20 minutes. The potatoes will now be only partly cooked and should be completely dry before you roast them.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil and salt and pepper, to taste, and spread them in one layer on a baking sheet. Roast until crispy and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the herb butter: Mix the softened butter with the parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme and season it with salt and pepper, to taste.