1/3 Photos of Mixed Potato Tart
1 hr 40 mins
This is a simple and attractive looking potato tart. The recipe includes instructions for making pastry, but I usually just use a sheet of pre-made shortcrust pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you’re making the pastry, mix the flour and butter in a food process or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and process for 5 seconds to combine. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and gather into a smooth ball.
- 2Roll out the pastry on a sheet of baking paper large enough to fit the base and sides of a 23 cm (9 inch) flan tin. Ease the pastry into the tin, trim the edge and chill for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 190C (375F).
- 3Cover the pastry with a piece of greaseproof paper, fill with uncooked rice or baking beads and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 4Thinly slice the potatoes. Cook in a steamer for 15 minutes, until just tender (I use the microwave). Drain off any liquid, cover and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Layer the potato in the pastry shell in an overlapping pattern with the onion, gently pushing the layers in to compact them. (I just make one layer of white potato, one of sweet potato, then a layer of onion). Finish with a layer of onion.
- 6Combine the cream, eggs, mustard, and seasonings and pour over the tart.
- 7Bake at 190C (375F) for 35 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Potato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.9
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 207.4 mg
- Sodium 271.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard