I love the idea of using the 2 different potatoes in the this salad and I am hoping to make it while we are on holidays, from Recipes+
- 500 g potatoes (pink skinned peeled cut into 2cm pieces)
- 500 g sweet potatoes (kumara peeled and cut into 2cm pieces)
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise (egg mayonnaise)
- 59.14 ml gherkin (finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml dill (chopped)
- 14.79 ml coarse grain mustard
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2 eggs (hard boiled peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds (lightly toasted)
- Place potato and kumara in a single layer, in a large steaming basket over a pan of simmering water (don't let base of steamer touch the water, cover with a lid or foil and steam vegetables for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. (I would use my electric 3 tier steamer but if you can't steam I don't see why you can't boil in water till just tender and drain well).
- Remove from heat, drain and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, gherkins, dill, mustard and juice in a small bowl.
- Combine potato, kumara, sour cream mixture and egg in a large bowl.
- Serve sprinkled with almonds.