Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The pickling spices in the market are very expensive. This makes 4 cups and can be divided if you only need a little. Package leftovers for your friends.
- 1 cup mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup dill seed
- 12 bay leaves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon stick, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dried ginger, chopped
- 6 red peppers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup allspice berry
- 1⁄2 cup whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Mix all spices in a dark glass jar.
- Seal tightly and store in a cool, dark place.
A very nice mix that I'm going to use making refrigerator pickles. Thanks Mary! Made for Newest Zaar tag.