Recipe by Acerast
I love roasted peppers and with a combination of green, yellow and red peppers this sounds delicious and colorful. It is from "Portuguese Cooking" by Carol Robertson. (The cooking time indicated includes the chilling time.)
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I share acarast's love of peppers and really love the aesthetic appeal of combining the various colours. I made these yesterday, and we enjoyed them tonight with Recipe #155699. I'm afraid I omitted the pepperoncini peppers as I wasn't sure what they were. I also increased the minced garlic to 4 cloves and added some fresh basil and lemon zest. I'm planning on using some of these peppers in take-to-work sandwiches during the week. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe, acarast! Made for ZWT 5.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (Portuguese or Spanish if available)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pepperoncini peppers (whole, pickled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place peppers on a broiler pan and place under the broiler, turning occasionally, until the skins become blackened (about 15-25 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and place in a paper bag or cover with foil until cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp knife, peel off and dispose of the charred skins.
- Core and seed the peppers.
- Cut each pepper into 8-10 long strip; place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl stir together the oil and garlic.
- Seed and stem the pepperocinis, slice into thin rounds and stir into the oil.
- Pour oil mixture over the peppers, toss, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Refreshing with grilled or broiled meats.