Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my grammie's recipe for yummy, nutty, butterscotch-y bar cookie goodness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups planters deluxe mixed nuts
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and 3/4 cup butter. Press into 9x13 pan very firmly. Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a sauce pan melt the remaining butter and butterscotch chips with the corn syrup.
- Spread the nuts on the cooled crust. Pour on the butterscotch mixture and spread evenly. Let harden and cut into squares.