Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
from gourmet magazine, i made these the minute i saw the recipe, very quick and easy and these have a great buttery taste.
- preheat oven to 375.
- spray an 8x8" pan with cooking spray.
- stir together sugar and butter with a wooden spoon until blended.
- add vanilla.
- add flour and mix with your hands until a soft dough forms.
- spread dough into greased pan pressing down to even.
- sprinkle with nuts and the 1 tbsp sugar.
- bake 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- cut into 18 bars.
Definitely quick and easy to make. I didn't have salted mixed nuts so just sprinkled some sliced almonds, pine nuts and walnuts on top with a pinch of salt. Very tasty and buttery!