Recipe by Tweater
This is like pecan pie but lots better. Have never taken it anywhere that I have not been asked for the recipe. In place of the mixed nuts you can use any combination of pecans, walnuts or cashews also.
Top Review by hmjlenon
This is the best nut pie I have ever had. I made it and was very successful with all my family wanting the recipe! Normally they do not like pecan pie. It was fun to make, and recieve such good comments!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan boil the sugar and corn syrup together for 3 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly and slowly pour the sugar/corn syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the butter, vanilla and nuts and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes or until set in the middle.
- If getting too brown cover with aluminum foil.during last 15 minutes of cooking.