Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like pecan pie but lots better. Have never taken it anywhere that I have not been asked for the recipe. In place of the mixed nuts you can use any combination of pecans, walnuts or cashews also.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- In a saucepan boil the sugar and corn syrup together for 3 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly and slowly pour the sugar/corn syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the butter, vanilla and nuts and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes or until set in the middle.
- If getting too brown cover with aluminum foil.during last 15 minutes of cooking.
This is the best nut pie I have ever had. I made it and was very successful with all my family wanting the recipe! Normally they do not like pecan pie. It was fun to make, and recieve such good comments!