Recipe by BakinBaby
The addition of butter, makes this quite yummy! Cooking the sugar and syrup correctly will make your brittle nice and crisp and crunchy. Cook to 295 degrees and the syrup in a clear, golden brown.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts (roughly chopped, cashews, peanuts or an assortment of mixed nuts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter two 15x10 cookie sheets.
- Cook sugar,syrup,water,butter and salt in a heavy saucepan oven medium heat, stirring often, watching to see that it does not burn.
- Cook to 275 degrees until syrup turns a clear, golden brown. Remove from heat just when it turns that rich golden color, but does not begin to burn.
- Remove from heat and immediately add mixed nuts and baking soda.
- Pour onto 1 large cookie sheets, spread with forks to pull candy to cover pan or if you're lazy (like me) turn the pan to allow the gooey mess to travel across the pan.
- Allow to cool and crack. If you're in a hurry ( like me) you can put the cookie sheet in the frig for a few minutes.
- Immediately join Weight Watchers. LOL.