Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The addition of butter, makes this quite yummy! Cooking the sugar and syrup correctly will make your brittle nice and crisp and crunchy. Cook to 295 degrees and the syrup in a clear, golden brown.
- Butter two 15x10 cookie sheets.
- Cook sugar,syrup,water,butter and salt in a heavy saucepan oven medium heat, stirring often, watching to see that it does not burn.
- Cook to 275 degrees until syrup turns a clear, golden brown. Remove from heat just when it turns that rich golden color, but does not begin to burn.
- Remove from heat and immediately add mixed nuts and baking soda.
- Pour onto 1 large cookie sheets, spread with forks to pull candy to cover pan or if you're lazy (like me) turn the pan to allow the gooey mess to travel across the pan.
- Allow to cool and crack. If you're in a hurry ( like me) you can put the cookie sheet in the frig for a few minutes.
- Immediately join Weight Watchers. LOL.
A great tasting peanut brittle. The kids and I enjoyed very much. Made recipe as posted and plan to make again. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I actually put together a mix of nuts for this recipe, a mix that didn't include many peanuts ~ almonds, cashews, pistachios & even some hazelnuts! This recipe made AN OUTSTANDING NUT BRITTLE, & next time I will include the peanuts, 'cause I DO like 'em! Thanks for the great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday!]
great recipe, I had tons of nuts to use up and this was a great way to make use of them, I pulled the pot off just a little before 275 degrees, this turned out wonderful and will make again soon, thanks for sharing BakinBaby!