1/2 Photos of Mixed Nut Peanut Brittle
The addition of butter, makes this quite yummy! Cooking the sugar and syrup correctly will make your brittle nice and crisp and crunchy. Cook to 295 degrees and the syrup in a clear, golden brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter two 15x10 cookie sheets.
- 2Cook sugar,syrup,water,butter and salt in a heavy saucepan oven medium heat, stirring often, watching to see that it does not burn.
- 3Cook to 275 degrees until syrup turns a clear, golden brown. Remove from heat just when it turns that rich golden color, but does not begin to burn.
- 4Remove from heat and immediately add mixed nuts and baking soda.
- 5Pour onto 1 large cookie sheets, spread with forks to pull candy to cover pan or if you're lazy (like me) turn the pan to allow the gooey mess to travel across the pan.
- 6Allow to cool and crack. If you're in a hurry ( like me) you can put the cookie sheet in the frig for a few minutes.
- 7Immediately join Weight Watchers. LOL.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Nut Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g